This calculator determines the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) category of piping, steam generators and vessels.
You need to specify the maximum allowable pressure and either the vessel volume or pipe diameter depending on the type of equipment you are classifying. You also need to specify the fluid state and the fluid group. The fluid state can be liquid or gas. Basically if the fluid is hazardous it is a Group 1 fluid, otherwise it is a Group 2 fluid.
Free PED Guide
We are giving away a free guide to the Pressure Equipment Directive to everyone who signs up to recieve our email newsletters. The guide explains how to determine the PED category for piping, steam generators and vessels including how to determine fluid state and fluid group classifications. If you would like to download this free guide, please fill in your name and email address in the box on the right.
If you would like us to do the Pressure Equipment Directive categorisation of your equipment, please contact us.
[spoiler show=”Show Instructions” hide=”Hide Instructions”]
- Choose the equipment type from:
- Steam Generator
- Choose the fluid group from:
- 1 for hazardous fluids
- 2 for non-hazardous fluids
- Choose the fluid state from:
- Enter the defining dimension for the equipment type:
- Volume in litres for a vessel
- Nominal pipe diameter in mm for piping
- Enter the maximum allowable pressure in bar gauge
- Click the “Calculate” button
- Note that fluid group and fluid state do not apply to Steam Generators
[iframe http://www.blackmonk.co.uk/calculations/pedcalc.aspx 595 470]